Re: [Tinycc-devel] Release Candidate - please test

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Release Candidate - please test
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:19:29 -0500

On Monday 10 March 2008 13:11:32 grischka wrote:
> Well, then maybe OS X uses a different object format and TCC
> needs a new linker backend in order to work with it.

Yes, it's called mach-o, it's got four interesting flavors (x86, x86-64 for
Leopard, PPC-32, and arm for the iPhone), and it's been on my to-do list
since the middle off last year.  This should get you started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach-O
http://0xfe.blogspot.com/2006/03/how-os-x-executes-applications.html

I never could get darwin booted under qemu (keyboard controller didn't work)
but now that qemu can run actual MacosX I need to give it another try.  (This
is assuming I don't break down and get an iPhone. :)

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.