Re: [Tinycc-devel] ARM GOT initialization problem

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] ARM GOT initialization problem
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 22:48:49 +0200

From: "David Given":
> Daniel Glöckner wrote:
> [...]
> > I think he eventually fixed it:
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2006-12/msg00020.html

> Doesn't help, I'm afraid --- although it would appear that the changes
> never *did* make it into CVS...

Hm, should we have that? Or better wait for PIC support?

> Turns out that at least some of my problems are due to a static library
> I have to link against (libgcc.a, natch) being compiled -fPIC.

Probably it's unrelated but there is a problem also with objects
from TCC linked by GNU-ld, such that TCC puts static variables into
common section which ld doesn't understand and leaves references
unpatched. It works however when -fno-common is passed to TCC.

--- grischka