[Tinycc-devel] how to install tcc library without root privileges

From: Ondrej Certik
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] how to install tcc library without root privileges
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:47:59 +0200

Hi,

thanks to Vinzent Steinberg we can now use tcc to automatically
convert a mathematical formula in SymPy (sympy.org) to C, compile it
and run it, so it's very fast. Here is the module:

http://hg.sympy.org/sympy/file/8af2d333319c/sympy/utilities/compilef.py

however, we would like to be able to create libtcc.so without root
privileges. Is there a way to do it? I.e. currently we know this works
(see the above file):

$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install
$ gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,libtcc.so -o libtcc.so libtcc.o
$ cp libtcc.so dir/to/compilef.py   # or change libtccpath in compilef.py

But we haven't yet figure out how to get rid of the "sudo" part.

Thanks for this nice, lite and fast compiler!

Ondrej