Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: global 64-bit variables initialization

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: global 64-bit variables initialization
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:44:16 +0100

Jerry wrote:
I have clone a local copy of tcc from repo. But how to switch to mob branch?

Here is what I have tried.

address@hidden ~/Source Code/tcc
$ git-branch mob
fatal: Not a valid object name: 'master'.

address@hidden ~/Source Code/tcc
$ git-checkout mob
error: pathspec 'mob' did not match any file(s) known to git.

If you cloned the repo before I made the "mob" branch then you
don't have it.

To update use
        $ git fetch origin
Then use
        $ gitk --all
to view your repo.

The original mob branch should appear as "remotes/origin/mob".

You should not commit to this branch but create your own local
branch on top of it (it doesn't matter how you really name it):
        -> right-click at the line with "remotes/origin/mob"
        -> Create new branch
        -> type "my-mob", create

Then switch to "my-mob"
        -> Right-click on "my-mob" -> checkout this branch

Then commit your changes to "my-mob". You can use "git gui".
        $ git gui
        -> stage your changes
        -> type your message
        -> click "commit"
You can also modify a previous commit with the "amend" checkbox.

Btw: If you have non-english menus and buttons in gitk/git-gui and
find it confusing, you can rename "msgs" in "git/share/git-gui/lib"
and "git/share/gitk/lib" to "no-msgs" (or something).

When all is fine, push your "my-mob" on the remote "mob":
        $ git push ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/tinycc.git my-mob:mob

On the attached image you see how it looks here.  There is
one commit on my local "mob" branch that I haven't pushed yet.

PNG image