Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm-wince-pe target

From: Daniel Gloeckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm-wince-pe target
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:33:46 +0100

Hi!

> 1) gcc -D TCC_TARGET_ARM -D TCC_TARGET_PE seems to somewhat work, and
> the resulting (x86 ELF) TCC emits ARM code and links PEs.

There has been no work done to make TinyCC emit valid ARM PEs.
It just compiles because there are no ELF specific parts in the ARM backend.

> I don't know
> what the FPA/LD/VFP/EABI flavors mean and what they're good for

FPA - use the old FPA floating point instructions
VFP - use the new VFP floating point instructions
LD - long doubles are 12 bytes instead of 8
EABI - try to conform to the ABI specification written by ARM

> so I
> just used ARM-TCC-FPA, which seems to be the default(?) one (no
> additional -Ds used in Makefile).

Because it is the default on Linux (it has a FPA emulator).

> There is a problem [..] with libtcc1.c (i used precompiled libtcc.a
> from > http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~daniel/tcc/).  Still, there are
> undefined symbols __floatundidf (i took one from libtcc1.c) and
> __floatdidf (wtf is this?, I'v patched arm-gen.c, so only the unsigned
> version is ever used).

Did you read the text I put there where you downloaded libtcc1.a?

> Q: Is it possible to fix tccpe.c so it supports ARM target?

Probably.
I have once used binutils to successfully disassemble an ARM PE.
You might have luck finding out what has to be changed in there.

Which C library do you indend to use on WinCE?

  Daniel
--
NUR NOCH BIS 31.01.! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 EURO/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a