Versioning (was Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC 0.9.25 is out)

From: Anton Rolls
Subject: Versioning (was Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC 0.9.25 is out)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 19:48:58 +1000

That is a good page, but I disagree that it is
better to use a define like that.
It is much better to use something more modern,
more human-readable, as TCC has now.
If the programs have difficulty reading something
in that format, change the programs, don't try to
change the human beings.

Regards,
Anton.

Christian Jullien wrote:
Good work!

Small request:

I know that TCC_VERSION is defined as "0.9.25" but I would be better to have
something like

#define __TINYC__ 925

As with other compilers (see this *nice* page:
http://predef.sourceforge.net/preos.html)

Instead of just 1

#include <stdio.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        printf("%d\n", __TINYC__ );
}

If done, please inform predef.sourceforge.net of this change.

Christian