Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using TCC as a backbone for our compiler

From: Jerome St-Louis
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using TCC as a backbone for our compiler
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 08:22:32 -0500

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Of course we're considering all options, and I'll admit we're not very
familiar with any of them yet.

I was particularly fond of TCC however, and maybe the thing that
naturally brought us to TCC is the fact that we currently output
intermediate C code and uses GCC, and TCC is a lighter and smaller
alternative...

Those are qualities we're looking for, and my initial feeling would be
that TCC has an edge over those libraries you mentioned in that
respect... Not being familiar with the internal API of libtcc, I was
under the impression (or was hoping) it could be used for this
purpose. I'm basically asking if that's possible, either as it is, or
with some minimal tweaking? I'm guessing the object code generation
code has to be there somehow so it should not be impossible...

Please enlighten me :)

Thanks,

Jerome