Re: [Tinycc-devel] weird error message.

From: Sam Watkins
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] weird error message.
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:24:36 +0800

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 04:17:17PM +0930, Daniel Burke wrote:
>    Personally I interpret that as meaning it's expecting an ; where it found
>    an =, although my C-fu is not strong enough to know if an extern
>    declaration and an assignment are allowed in one statement

No you can't put an extern together with an initializer, extern means it
is allocated and initialized elsewhere.  I suppose tcc is saying it
expects a ; rather than an = which makes sense.

I will join #tcc on freenode too so you two better join it or I'll be
lonely!

I am intending to use tcc as the main C compiler for a programming
language / C dialect I am developing.  I am having a few problems, some
of my code segfaults when compiled with tcc and for some reason I cannot
debug the executables with gdb.  Perhaps there are faults in support for
some C99 features or there are faults in my code.  I noticed one C99
feature that is missing, the for(int i=0; ...) syntax where a loop
variable is declared within the loop.  Also there are two points of
incompatibility with glibc (which are glibc's fault), fortunately easy
to fix, and I'm sure anyone who uses tcc on linux must already be aware
of those.  I'm impressed that tcc is very compatible with gcc and C99.

Sam