Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using TCC as a backbone for our compiler

From: Réjean Loyer
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using TCC as a backbone for our compiler
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:01:18 -0400

Hi all, grischka

thank you for your assistance, you guys are indeed amazing.

I am updating the IDE and compile tools to allow use of tcc instead of gcc and I'm still having difficulty with compiling files that have #include <...> preprocessor directives.

grischka, I was wondering if you were indeed able to compile the IDE using tcc?

I am using the snapshot (http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git?a=snapshot;h=541237934767b107247dedab45cece2b37ed981d;sf=tgz) from your last commit (http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git?a=commit;h=541237934767b107247dedab45cece2b37ed981d) to compile tcc and I have tried your ecere patch as well as my own modification that are mostly equivalent. The good news is that mostly all samples can be compiled using tcc. It's rather great news in fact, thanks again.

grischka, if you did in fact compile the IDE, did you encounter any problems with process.ec? see the attached file for my process.ec compilation results.

your help is greatly appreciated.

--- redj