Re: [Tinycc-devel] cached header files cause multi-includes to fail

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] cached header files cause multi-includes to fail
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:18:50 +0200

Simon Lehmayr wrote:
Hi,
I found an error in tcc while compiling a project which uses one header that includes another header several times using defines to generate different code. Caching of headers hides the following includes thus no code is generated in these cases.
I disabled caching by returning NULL in the cache check.
Caching should include the environmental state (defines, etc) to avoid this problem.

There is some state included, that is headers are skipped only if there is
an #ifndef macro around, such as:

#ifndef FOO_H
#define FOO_H
#endif

And the ifdef must be the first thing and the endif must be the last.

I'm not sure how this can not work but maybe you can tell more details.
Also you could compile TCC with INC_DEBUG (at tcc.h:79).

Greetings,
Simon