Re: [Tinycc-devel] C Exception Handling: Any takers?

From: Mikael Lyngvig
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] C Exception Handling: Any takers?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:41:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Ivo,

Thanks for your pointer - I'll be sure to follow up on it.

If anyone feels like besting the beast of adding C exception handling to
Tiny C or GNU C or OpenWatcom, please feel free to write me directly at
address@hidden  I'll quit this list in a few days and leave you guys
to working towards your goal of ISO 99 compliance.

Exceptions are wonderful for making you capable of coding without having
to check return values and without all sorts of hassle about handling
errors that you cannot really handle anyway (for instance, a decompressor
does not know anything about what kind of user interface it has: GUI or
CLI, so it cannot really report errors in the input stream properly).

Cheers,
Mikael