Re: [Tinycc-devel] Substantial restructuring

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Substantial restructuring
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:51:03 +0100

k1w1 wrote:
I would like to be able to maintain multiple sets of debug information in RAM for multiple separate programs, so it seems like I need to move the stabs sections into the TCCState structure to support this.

You just cannot atm. do compilation in more than one state at the
same time.  But after you finished compilation, you can create
another state and do another compilation, and you can keep as many
states around as you like, including the runnable code and debug info.

My main objective is not to have any #includes for .c files, and to have a .h file corresponding to each .c file. One implication of this will be that the makefile will need to be a bit more complex because the conditional including of code (like the -asm.c file to use) will need to be determined at build time.

That is only one problem.

The other is to extract all the prototypes into the .h files, and
to adjust them for static vs. non-static.

I've actually started with this once.  There is a branch called
"tcc-xref" that has a perl file and a patch to tcc, such when
you run tcc to compile itself, it generates some output.

Then with the perl file the output can be processed to make a sort
of cross reference of the functions and variables, so you already
(almost) have the prototypes. (See notes in the commit how to use it)

--- grischka

Regards, K1w1.