Re: [Tinycc-devel] Understanding tcc Makefile

From: k1w1
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Understanding tcc Makefile
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:47:06 -0800

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 2:13 PM, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:
k1w1 wrote:
   On windows, all objects that tcc wants to use must be compiled
   with tcc itself.  In particular not with mingw-gcc.

How about on other platforms. I was observing this behavior under Cygwin which is more linux-like than anything else.

Cygwin is not supported, neither by the build system, nor by the
code.  It is no surprise that you see strange things happen.

My question is about other platforms. I am trying to get TCC working completely (including bounds checking) under cygwin. So I am trying to understand how it works on other platforms so I can do it correctly. It appeared to me that on any platform except Windows bcheck.o is compiled with the native compiler (e.g. gcc) which seems strange since bcheck.o is linked against TCC compiled code to make the final executable. Am I correct?

Regards, k1w1.