Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc can now build from separate objects

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc can now build from separate objects
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:09:59 +0800

On 2010年01月15日 04:29, grischka wrote:
Hi all,

Inspired by the ideas of k1w1 (http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc/k1w1.git)
I've done some further refactoring such that tcc can now be build
from separate objects.

The related commit is
    http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/88a3ccab

It is not enabled by default but you can test it using
    make NOTALLINONE=1

There is only one more file for now (tccrun.c).  All the prototypes
are in tcc.h, ordered by file of implementation.   To get the target
specific definitions for i386 etc.  the xxx_gen files are included
into tcc.h for their definitions only.  That basically means that
they eventually include themselves, which is maybe somewhat kludgy
but has the advantage that definitions and implementation can stay
in one file.

There is also some other stuff I changed just while being at it,
for instance:
* warn about redefinition
* Missing #endif error
* Fix the issue with -run and large distance calls on win64 (as
  pointed out recently by Michael Kuklinski)
* Usage of r8/r9 as load/store registers on x86_64
* ...
See http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git

Happy new year,

--- grischka