Re: [Tinycc-devel] Several patchs from Debian packaging

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Several patchs from Debian packaging
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:21:19 +0200

RoboTux wrote:
... When upgrading master to mob, do you simply merge mob in master or do you clean up things and squash commits ?

Well, I might cleanup some things or simply drop e.g. buggy patches,
but you can do that too if you want to (and I'd appreciate that).

Basically you would create a new branch, say "clean-mob" with your
cleaned-up patches (e.g. one instead of three) and of course also
with the patches from the other people.

Then you would check equality, e.g. using
$ git diff mob clean-mob

There should be no differences.

Then you can delete your old "mob" and rename "clean-mob" to "mob"

Then you should check that no one else has committed new patches
to the public "mob" in between.

And then you could replace the public mob with your new version,
using "git push --force ..."

BUT, you need to be careful not to mess up other peoples' work.

Thomas Preud'homme

--- grischka