Re: [Tinycc-devel] Several patchs from Debian packaging

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Several patchs from Debian packaging
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 20:56:24 +0200

On Saturday 17 April 2010 14:52:32 RoboTux wrote:
> Greetings everyone,

[SNIP]

> As a first proof of my involvment, here is a list of patches that are
>  shipped with the debian package (about half of them weren't packaged with
>  the last version). Most of them aren't pushed on the mob branch as they
>  might not interest you.

[SNIP]

I just realize I've not been clear enough on that point. I think all the
unpushed patches should be included as well but as they might not interest you
I'm expecting you to tell me which one I should push, and which one I
shouldn't push. In your choice please take into account that these patches are
very little (each time only a few lines) so very easy to review.

> [N] Use CFLAGS in compilation rule
> CFLAGS isn't use in the pattern rule %.o: %.c so it uses -Wall -O2 whatever
> $CFLAGS contains
>
> [N] Make tcc available to Hurd users
> Hurd isn't supported by tcc actually. This patch first add i386-AT386 and
>  i686- AT386 as supported CPU in configure script. Then it define the
>  SA_SIGINFO macro if not defined. At last, it sets the elf interpreter to
>  /lib/ld.so. You may not be interested by this patch, however it's a really
>  tiny patch and has obviously no bud consequences as long as you don't
>  claim Hurd support.

[SNIP pushed patch]

> [N] Support Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
> Debian kFreeBSD preprocesser define __FreeBSD_kernel__ instead of
>  __FreeBSD__ so add this macro when trying to recognize the kernel in the
>  tcc code

[SNIP pushed patch]

> [N] Add a dircategory and direntry to the texi file
> The patch only consists in:
> address@hidden Software development
> address@hidden
> +* TCC: (tcc-doc).               The Tiny C Compiler.
> address@hidden direntry
>
> [N] Create tcc-doc.info info file
> Add a call to makeinfo on the texi file to build tcc-doc.info and modify
>  the Makefile accordingly

[SNIP pushed patches]

[SNIP]