Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bashisms in configure and gcctestsuite

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bashisms in configure and gcctestsuite
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 19:26:05 +0200

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
a recent test for bashisms in all debian packages made me discover a few
bashisms in configure and gcctestsuite shell scripts. I fixed them in
commit dc265feb63c70a1a76fb566a6c05fe62246b65a0
Well, that's from bashisms to unixism.  E.g. it breaks with MinGW/MSYS
which doesn't have /dev/urandom, dd, cksum and such.
Oh. I thought shell scripts needs cygwin to run on windows and that cygwin is POSIX compliant.

See tcc-win32.txt.

In any case cygwin is not supported, neither as build nor as runtime
environment.

Maybe we don't really need random temporary filenames at all.
or at least it doesn't need to be as random as that. Something like tcc-
filename-$(date "+%s") would be enough I think, wouldn't it?

Usual (auto-)configure just use 'conftest.xxx' in current directory.

--- grischka