Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bashisms in configure and gcctestsuite

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bashisms in configure and gcctestsuite
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 01:25:23 +0200

Le vendredi 28 mai 2010 19:26:05, grischka a écrit :

> >> Well, that's from bashisms to unixism.  E.g. it breaks with MinGW/MSYS
> >> which doesn't have /dev/urandom, dd, cksum and such.
> >
> > Oh. I thought shell scripts needs cygwin to run on windows and that
> > cygwin is POSIX compliant.
>
> See tcc-win32.txt.
Mmmh, I didn't know MSYS was understanding unix shell. Does it know the mktemp
command ?

> In any case cygwin is not supported, neither as build nor as runtime
> environment.
>
> >> Maybe we don't really need random temporary filenames at all.
> >
> > or at least it doesn't need to be as random as that. Something like tcc-
> > filename-$(date "+%s") would be enough I think, wouldn't it?
>
> Usual (auto-)configure just use 'conftest.xxx' in current directory.
As you think the best suited for tcc. mktemp could also be a perfect
replacement if supported. It's even better than the RANDOM approach I think as
it is exactly the purpose of this tool. Anyway, I won't be available the next
10 days so I won't be able to correct myself the damages I caused whenever you
decide what sounds best, sorry.

> --- grischka

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme