Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc 0.9.25 x86_64 on Fedora 12

From: Aharon Robbins
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc 0.9.25 x86_64 on Fedora 12
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 12:13:56 -0400

Hi. Thanks for the quick response.

> > 3. I have a static table with some function pointers to static functions.
> >    This compiles, but the table values are NULL. Any idea why?
>
> Nope, sorry. Are the functions and the table local or extern ?

The functions themselves are static at the file level. The table is
static inside a function.

I can send you a tar ball of my code if it will help (a development version
of gawk - GNU Awk).

> > 4. The external variable `char **environ' was accessable, but initialized
> >    to NULL. I had to use the (really old style) three argument version of
> >    main to get access to the environment and then initalize environ from
> >    within main.  Any idea why?
> Yes, and there is a patch in the mob branch. Try to apply this commit
> http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/a28b18fa16edaeb6bc7d34cf1ddac690b27ba610?hp=036ff17916586febc968b964ee416e1d4d1da70f

Should I just make a copy of the git repository for tcc?

Is that the best way to be up to date?

Thanks,

Arnold