Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: Simple Registry Key Create and Write. Multi Error

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: Simple Registry Key Create and Write. Multi Errors in Tiny C
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:52:06 +0800

On 8/10/2010 10:10 PM, ED GROSSHEIM wrote:
[snip]
When I added the registry functions to my CreateProcess file, the
.exe size went from 10 kb to 30 kb. I want my ".exe starter" to be
small.

I think that if your program is coded well, and you use the correct compiler options, the most practical things to do is to be happy with the result.

So for me, if I have a DLL that compiles to 44KB from 2500 lines of heavily commented code, I would say that it's small enough.

Unless you have extremely specific and unavoidable needs to have the binary to be really small, then putting so much effort into making things small is usually a waste of time. Take it from me, I had to unlearn stuff like that because in the past, we had to stuff whole programs into 3.5KB of memory.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)