Re: [Tinycc-devel] Problem with kernel32 in DLL

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Problem with kernel32 in DLL
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 20:14:46 +0200

Luis Alejandro Muzzachiodi wrote:
Of course, i understand what complicate is for you guess what's wrong.
But having to limit the problem my presumption " a priori " it is that the problem is not in the code that is working well in Linux, Mac and Windows (the same code compiled with GCC and is also compiled ok with TCC). The problem (for me) is in/related the TCC' DLL : 1) Generating the DLL without " - rdynamic" tiny_impdef fails, and scripts (TCL) also fails (do not find libxyz_init). 2) With " - rdynamics" tiny_imdef generates def ok, scripts work ok but they lose the text in the windows 3) Comparing both DLL (GCC & TCC versions) according to "dependency walker" TCC's DLL lacking kernel32 in the first level, missing three functions (as mentioned in previous mail).
4) Comparing both .def, the DLL generated by GCC has the lines:
.idata$4 .idata$5 .idata$6 _IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR_tcl85 _NULL_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR that are not in the TCC version and TCC's has address@hidden __ashldi3 __ashrdi3 __chkstk __divdi3 address@hidden __fini_array_end __fini_array_start __fixunsdfdi __fixunssfdi __fixunsxfdi __floatundidf __floatundisf __floatundixf __init_array_end __init_array_start __lshrdi3 __moddi3 __preinit_array_end __preinit_array_start __tcc_fpu_control __tcc_int_fpu_control __udivdi3 __umoddi3 _edata _end _etext
that are not in the generated by GCC.
The rest (functions of the library) is the same.

Something of this help you?. I hope ...

It is normal that there are differences to GCC builds.  There are
many more differences than what you listed.  After all if TCC would
produce the same code, it would be GCC.

But I have no reason to doubt that there is one particular difference
that is related to the bug that you see.  So the only thing that can
help is that you can tell what difference in particular is causing
those empty windows and how.

--- grischka

__ Alejandro ___