Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyC++

From: Rick C. Hodgin
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyC++
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:43:04 -0500

Basile,

Hey!  I see you on both GCC mailing list and here.  Cool. :-)

I was not expecting a full ISO compliant compiler, but something that
recognized classes, could work with member functions and data, etc.
Something that could easily extend Tinyc's capabilities, but not bloat
it all up.

I'm asking because I've been working on my RDC (Rapid Development C/C++
Compiler), which is a simple non-ISO compliant compiler designed to
provide for edit-and-continue abilities for the rapid development and
testing of code without ever leaving the debugger.

I had considered using a port of GCC for this, but am now considering
using a port of TCC because of its simplicity and speed.  I wanted to
find out its future toward C++ (if any), and if there's any interest in
having it added by someone for these purposes.

- Rick