Re: [Tinycc-devel] problems with assert.h

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] problems with assert.h
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:44:53 +0100

Luis Alejandro Muzzachiodi wrote:
/*** comment 1 ***
#include <string.h>
#include <assert.h>
*/
#define NDEBUG

void main() {
char* uno="b";
    assert ( strcmp (uno, "a" ) == 0 );
return 0; }

My fault.  #Expr is ecaping "a" to \"a\" and crappy token pasting
was interpreting \ as CH_EOB (end of the buffer).  Fix here:
  http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/44e84bb2

It is based on another patch that I had still around:
  http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/e97bf88b

Marginal note: including assert.h use _wassert that's msvcrt version 8,
(this could cause problems with old XP - msvcrt 7).

Ok, noted.  We have the headers from mingw and I don't really want
to change them.  Maybe we'll get the old _assert back with some
update, eventually.

Thanks,

--- grischka