Re: [Tinycc-devel] Force gcc for x86_64 --enable-cross

From: Henry Kroll
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Force gcc for x86_64 --enable-cross
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:40:57 -0800

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 00:21 +0100, grischka wrote:
> Henry Kroll wrote:
> > Thanks. This is much cleaner now. I took most of the kludge out of the
> > Makefile. I also added a configure option to change installation
> > directory. This should make it compatible with some distros who insist
> > that tcc is reserved for Turbo C. Hopefully I didn't break the build for
> > others. Should be OK.
>
> Maybe it should not build the same files for different platforms
> with the same names in the same directory ;)
>
> Did you try "make install"?  Also win32/lib/libtcc1.a is composed
> from wrong objects (i.e. x86-64 libtcc1.o).
>
> Same thing basically with the install locations.  Cross compilers
> should each use their own CONFIG_TCCDI.
>
> Last, when cross-compilers are not configured, it should not build
> i386-win32-tcc.
>
> --- grischka

Fixed the last issue.

I did not notice the libtcc1.a naming conflict because I have been using
--disable-static which build under different names. That's probably
where the wrong objects came from because I don't see them here. Will
have that fixed soon. Need my qemu boxes on this new machine so I can
test the other builds.