Re: [Tinycc-devel] win64 cross now sort of works

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] win64 cross now sort of works
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 19:01:35 +0100

Henry Kroll wrote:
--enable-cross now installs x86_64-win32-tcc and i386-win32-tcc
installs 3 versions of libtcc1.a with different names:

/usr/lib64/[TCCDIR]/libtcc1.a
/usr/lib64/[TCCDIR]/lib/libtcc1-win64.a
/usr/lib64/[TCCDIR]/lib/libtcc1-win32.a

I'd suggest to use a more meaningful directory name.  In particular
something with "win32" in the name to indicate that the directory
is meant for the win32 cross-compiler support.

Also "libtcc1-win64.a" is not nice.  It should be just "libtcc1.a" in
a different folder IMO.

You could use
    [TCCDIR]/win32/lib/32/libtcc.a
and
    [TCCDIR]/win32/lib/64/libtcc.a
and of course
    [TCCDIR]/win32/include

fixme: I can not make alloca work with x86_64-win32-tcc :(

True, alloca_64 for linux does not work on win64.  It uses different
registers:

  #ifdef TCC_TARGET_PE
    mov     %rcx,%rax
  #else
    mov     %rdi,%rax
  #endif

Are you still trying to make the same files in the same directory
for more than one platform? ;-)

Btw, a good test is to use the cross-tcc to compile a tcc.exe and then
verify that it is able to compile itself under the native platform.
Same config.h provided, this tcc.exe and it's output from compiling itself
should be identical.

--- grischka