[Tinycc-devel] Re: Tinycc-devel Digest, Vol 93, Issue 7

From: Graham Swallow
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Re: Tinycc-devel Digest, Vol 93, Issue 7
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 01:35:06 +0000

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:05:09 -0800
> From: Joe Soroka <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Tinycc-devel] switching from lurker to mob committer, with
>        lots of patches ready

> I may step it up and go faster.
>
> My initial goal, way back when, was to compile dietlibc and busybox
> and eventually binutils and gcc.  So most of the patches come out of
> Joe Soroka

If your patches are folding in nicely,
and you want to go even further ...
can I suggest a self hosting environment
(boot strapped fom gcc)
with a range of profiles from minimalistic
to excess (autoconf, internationalisation, ebounds.

One benchmark might be
http://landley.net/aboriginal/
which builds a bootable linux embedded box,
and then that box could also build itself.

Of course someone then wants X11, gtk, ...
which is ulibc sensitive, not tcc sensitive, ...
but maybe they would help too ...

Graham