[Tinycc-devel] Library for TCC

From: Jared Maddox
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Library for TCC
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:57:58 -0600

I'm thinking about creating a setjmp/longjmp library that allows you
to register 'destructors' with a particular jump buffer. However, I
have a few questions first.
1) Where would I put it? Does it belong in the lib directory? Would
the win32 version go in the win32 directory?
2) Since TCC uses other project's libraries, which would presumably
provide their own implementation, would I need to write a linker patch
to deal with conflicting names? Does TCC's built-in ld have support
for this sort of thing?

Some unrelated matters:
1) I'd like to add thread-specific-variable support (I already know
the basic access code for Windows), deriving it from static variable
support, but which files would I need to modify? How should
thread-specific-variables created by in-memory compilation be handled?
2) If I was going to add optional support for using '$' in symbol
names to support compilers for other languages targeting TCC,
where/how should I go about it?
3) I was looking around in the code, but I didn't see any access in
libtcc.h to the token functions, nor any way to insert any code
between two steps of the compiler? If you were going to build a
C++/Objective-C/LPC compiler around TCC, would it have to be a
translating compiler?