Re: [Tinycc-devel] can't build mob branch on x86 64

From: Joe Soroka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] can't build mob branch on x86 64
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 15:35:47 -0800

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Thomas Preud'homme <address@hidden> wrote:
> My mistake, I forgot that TOK_alloca was not defined on x86-64. As alloca

You missed the fact that TOK_alloca is never 'defined'.  It's an enum element.

#ifdef TOK_alloca

is the same as

#ifdef TOK_INT

is the same as

#if 0

So, you'll have to pull that patch back out.  It's just fundamentally
flawed.  All it does is turn off VLA for every arch, no matter what,
and then turn off the test too.

Good try, though.  I don't know what you should do instead.  I humbly
request that you revert the whole VLA patch and we try again, a little
more slowly.  I have some ideas for how to proceed.