Re: [Tinycc-devel] Get a token from char *

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Get a token from char *
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:03:57 +0100

Le mardi 08 février 2011 17:51:01, grischka a écrit :
> Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> > The scheme used in my patch is to only use the C token while compiling
> > and then linking against the asm label at link time.
>
> But you want to convert the asm label into a token too (see topic
> of the mail).  Which made me wonder whether that is necessary if it
> is never used as a token but only as the external linker symbol.
Indeed, I think the use of a token must come from a first approach I had, to
rename everywhere and then I realize I need to keep the mapping between the
name in the source and the asm label.

> > Basically everything happen
> > in external_sym and put_extern_sym2. There is just one line in
> > external_sym to register the association between asm token and C token,
> > and then 3 lines added in put_extern_sym2 to use the asm label if it
> > exist. It may not be the cleaner way to do it, but at least it's a very
> > short patch.
>
> Maybe you can pass the asm label as an extra parameter to put_extern_sym2
> directly, like
>
>     put_extern_sym2(sym, NULL, 0, 0, 0, asm_label);
Agreed. I may not have time to make the change tonight finally but I'll push
the 2 patchs thirsday at worst. Thanks for your remarks.

> --- grischka

Thomas