Re: [Tinycc-devel] Test case for C99 feature

From: Joe Soroka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Test case for C99 feature
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:18:18 -0700

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:27 AM, Pedro A ARANDA <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden:~.../Devel$ gcc kk.c
> kk.c: In function ‘main’:
> kk.c:10: error: expected expression before ‘pascal_string’

Hi Pedro.  I think that, in general, if gcc refuses to compile some
source, tcc doesn't strive to guarantee anything about tcc compiling
that same source, in this case it happily seems to output invalid
code.  I think that's normal and correct to focus relatively minuscule
development resources on valid sources and giving no guarantees about
what happens with invalid source.  Having said that, patches are
welcome of course, if you figure out why tcc accepts a typedef name in
place of an expression.