Re: [Tinycc-devel] tricky little bounds-checking bug

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tricky little bounds-checking bug
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:26:07 +0200

Joe Soroka wrote:
In vstore(), the gbound() call should be done immediately before the
store(), not before the gv(rc) call, and certainly not outside of the
!nocode_wanted block, right?

Don't ask me.  At this point in time you understand the bug better
than likely anyone else here.

Just moving the gbound() block down directly before the store(r, vtop
-1) solves the problem, it seems.

Do as you see fit.

Generally, last I checked bounds checking, the simple test (make btest)
worked,  but still tcc was not able to compile itself.  If you can get
it that far we could run some more tests though.

Before you invest too much time however note that Fabrice once said
that there is some flaw in the implementation of in the bounds checker
with (as I understood it) possible impact on reliability of detection.
I don't know what exactly he meant though.

--- grischka