Re: [Tinycc-devel] Allow configuration of tcc libraries search path

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Allow configuration of tcc libraries search path
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 21:28:21 +0200

Rob Landley wrote:
On 07/07/2011 01:22 PM, grischka wrote:
Anyway.  As to the general issue with search paths, it would be good
to find something clearer and more flexible.

A quick check finds:

http://landley.net/hg/tinycc/rev/f304c7e3de8d
http://landley.net/hg/tinycc/rev/374af493d0ac
http://landley.net/hg/tinycc/rev/647f1a3feb8b
http://landley.net/hg/tinycc/rev/22b60bb22c83
http://landley.net/hg/tinycc/rev/c42c2145d359
http://landley.net/hg/tinycc/rev/a283eb90c0f7

And so on, and so forth...  To be honest, it's been almost 4 years, I'd
have to go back and look up the details again.

Thanks for the commit links.

I have it as git branch btw. If anyone is interested I could push
it on repo.or.cz.

--- grischka

1) what paths does tcc need to search:
- include paths
- library paths
- crt path (crt1.o etc)
- interpreter path (ld-elf/linux.so)
- libtcc1.a path (also for bcheck.o)

http://landley.net/notes-2009.html#21-11-2009

I also gave a talk about this topic at the OLS compiler BOF in 2008,
which there's video of, but that's a lot to wade through.  (The rant
about how a compiler isn't fundamentally different than a docbook->PDF
converter.)

Rob