Re: [Tinycc-devel] Allow configuration of tcc libraries search path

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Allow configuration of tcc libraries search path
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:58:44 +0200

Le dimanche 10 juillet 2011 18:05:57, grischka a écrit :
> Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> > I wrote the code yesterday. Please take a look. Still missing is the
> > handling of elf_interp but this must be added anyway without this
> > option.
>
> Well, to me the better patches are those that make the code smaller
> rather than bigger ;)
Ok.

> As I understand it is possible to support multilib without any special
> code in tcc.  Without CONFIG_TCC_MULTILIB_SUBDIR, AFF_MULTILIB,
> CONFIG_TCC_EXTRA_LDDIR, CONFIG_TCC_INCSUBDIR, just without anything
> "MULTI_EXTRA_SUB" whatsoever.
>
> Do you think that is possible?
Yes, I think so if the include and library path can be colon seperated. I
understand your concern about tcc to stay tiny. Without touching tcc itself,
would it be ok to add a --multilib-subdir switch in configure which would set
the library and include path correctly? That way the compiler itself would
stay small but give a convenient interface at build time.