Re: [Tinycc-devel] Set the stack size of an executable

From: Thomas Mertes
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Set the stack size of an executable
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:08:02 +0200

At Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:54:49 +0200 grischka <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thomas Mertes wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Is there a tcc option to set the stack size of an executable?
>
> Now yes: http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/45184e01

Great.
When will a precompiled Windows tcc with this feature be available?
BTW: Is it intended to differ slightly from the option MinGW uses
for this purpose?

> Under linux I think you'd need to use setrlimit().

Under Linux the default stack size was always sufficient.
When I compile and link under Linux I get errors like:
tcc: undefined symbol 'memmove'
As "quick" fix I wrote the functions strlen, strchr, strcmp,
strncmp, strstr, memcmp, memcpy, memmove and memset. Hopefully this
error is already fixed. Which version contains the fix? I use the
tcc package from Ubuntu, so it will probably take some time until
the package is updated.

> Btw, your Seed7 compiler, does it work with tcc as backend?
> (Just curious)

Under Linux: Yes
The Seed7 test suite succeeds with tcc (and my string functions).

Under Windows I could not find prototypes, of fseek and ftell with
64 bit offset, in the header files. Competing compilers do not agree
in names for this functions and the 64 bit offset type:
MinGW uses: fseeko64, ftello64 and off64_t
MSVC and Borland use: _fseeki64, _ftelli64 and __int64

Under Linux + GCC the preprocessor macro
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64
needs to be defined before any system include.
Then fseeko, ftello and off_t work with 64 bit offsets.

Any of the three solutions would help me.

BTW: The Windows port of Seed7 with tcc made it necessary to write
my own (clean room) implementation of CommandLineToArgvW (the
original is part of IIRC shell32.dll and seems to be available for
other windows compilers, but not for tcc).

Things like 64 bit file offset and Unicode support are very
important for Seed7. Seed7 programmers should not be bothered with
such low level details.

Greetings Thomas Mertes

--
Seed7 Homepage:  http://seed7.sourceforge.net