Re: [Tinycc-devel] Just reporting an expression issue

From: Joe Soroka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Just reporting an expression issue
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 02:36:19 -0700

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Michael B. Smith
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I've got an expression patch that I'm working on regarding structure bitfield
> handling, but this came out recently and thought it might be of interest:
> http://blog.regehr.org/archives/558

Just a heads-up... I discovered a few days ago as well, that tcc's
handling of bitfields is what causes sed's "make check" to fail 3
important cases (at least sed-4.1.5).

"unsigned newline_anchor : 1;" in regex_.h (which is enabled by
--with-included-regex) causes make check to fail... and also, more
importantly, causes some real-world garden-variety configure scripts
to go into an endless loop when using a tcc-compiled sed to generate
configure.lineno.

.