Re: [Tinycc-devel] const_wanted

From: Michael B. Smith
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] const_wanted
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:24:56 +0000

Are those semicolon strings on Windows?

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of grischka
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:20 PM
To: Thomas Preud'homme
Cc: address@hidden

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> I knew you would answer something like this. That's why I didn't apply the
> patch straight forward.

You did not apply the patch because you knew it doesn't work? ;)

> I've just found this commit when searching for what made the bug disappear.
> The "else if" should not have been removed, just the message changed. Is that
> ok if I put back the if else with the message you want? Sorry to annoy you,
> I'm sure it would be faster for Joe or you to patch it right away but I'm
> trying to learn in the process.

Since there is logically no difference between
     else if (!local_stack)
         error("..."):
and the patch that you already suggested
     if (cur_text_section == NULL)
         error("...");
I must assume that you already know that both will equally well
not work. ;)

> I'd just like to know if you would agree to add a --multiarch-
> triplet=<triplet> switch to configure for convenience. This switch would
> transform the various PATH from dir1:dir2 to
> dir1/<triplet>:dir1:dir2/<triplet>:dir2.

Sure, yes.

If it is too troublesome to pass all stuff between configure and
make, you could just write the paths into config.h directly from
configure.  Do as you see fit.

I have decided to push the patch for tcc:
    http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/df9cce24

Hope you find it useful (and that I haven't messed up too much).

As a sideeffect TCC now supports colon separated strings also with
      -L and -I
which is slightly unusual but I think it is  acceptable as long
as it doesn't cause problems (which I don't see).

--- grischka