Re: [Tinycc-devel] const_wanted

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] const_wanted
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:14:54 +0200

Le mercredi 3 août 2011 18:59:04, grischka a écrit :
> Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> > Done (see 76adc57). I have a "solution" for the elf_interpreter in Debian
> > but it's more invasive (~10 lines of code added) and only suited for
> > native compilers (which is fine in Debian since only native tcc is
> > packaged). But it doesn't allow to generate a program for a system non
> > multiarch if tcc is on a multiarch system (or the reverse), which is
> > more annoying. Anyway, I attached it in case you're curious and just to
> > make you cry ;-)
>
> Why is it necessary to look in two directories at runtime for
> elf_interp and for the crt objects?
Actually I realized only today how big mistake it was for the elf interpreter
(it's part of the ABI). This will be fixed in Debian today or tomorrow. As to
crt objects, I assume they are not part of the ABI since they are not
referenced in http://www.x86-64.org/documentation/abi.pdf. Furthermore, they
are on /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ on my system, with symlink from /usr/lib to
them. I don't know if the symlink will be kept, so I added the code to search
them in multiarch directories. I thought crt objects follow the same pattern
as libraries and include directory. If I made a huge mistake here again,
please tell me.

Best regards,

> --- grischka
Thomas Preud'homme