Re: [Tinycc-devel] likner script parser - support relative/short file na

From: u-tcc-uepj
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] likner script parser - support relative/short file names?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:34:07 +0200

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 07:30:09PM +0200, Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> > Hope this change makes sense.
> It does but it's incomplete. You should tcc_add_dll after
> tcc_add_file_internal
> because each file must be searched first in current directory and then in the
> library search path according to [1]. Hence you should modify ld_add_file to
> use tcc_add_dll instead of if (filename_to_libname()) tcc_add_library. Hence
> you can also remove filename_to_libname function altogether.

I guess I will do next time when I compile tcc (or when this
causes a failure for my compilations) if nobody else
makes a proper fix until then.

For the moment I'm happy that dynamic linking works for my purposes and more
concerned about not being able to properly link statically...

> I've just noticed the function should be a bit more constraint to reject
> files
> like AS_NEEDED(AS_NEEDED(…)). Also libname_to_filename should always return
> .a
Right. I thought of approaching this but it did not make any difference in my
case and I do not fully understand the parser logic, nor the implications
of partial implementation.

> for non PE systems, still according to [1]. But don't bother to do this part,
> I'll do it myself one day.

Nice.

Thanks again,
Rune