Re: [Tinycc-devel] Proposal for a global register feature

From: Paulo Henrique Torrens
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Proposal for a global register feature
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:27:56 +0000

Actually, Embedded C has an official syntax for that:

register eax my_register;
register ecx volatile int my_register2;
register ebx struct { ... } *my_state;

What it does, actually, is change "register" to "register [named-register]" in the syntax.
It would be good to implement this on TCC, which is a platform-independent syntax for writing platform dependent code.

I could give it a try writing this extension, but only after Christmas.

Merry Christmas to everyone, by the way.