Re: [Tinycc-devel] compile TCC without another compiler

From: harish badrinath
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] compile TCC without another compiler
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:09:13 +0530

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Attila Kinali <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Suppose i have a system with busybox and a bunch of symlinks, how do i
>> really (as in, in the literal sense of the word) bootstrap my system.
>
> You dont... unless you are a hard core masochist :-)
>
> You would have to write a C compiler and linker in assembler first.
> Of course, assuming you have an assembler available.

I was speaking about something similar to
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.assembly/browse_thread/thread/4a99dd4aa3533cfa
A self compiling compiler is the critical piece that is missing, which
is required to build a toolchain without an existing binary toolchain
am i right ??

This project already created TCCBoot, so i figured you people would know.

> What do you want to acheive? If it's just a theoretical question
Its not just a theoretical question, i probably lack the skill
set/drive/both to do anything about it