[Tinycc-devel] Successful static compilation, cant use static TCC on a b

From: harish badrinath
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Successful static compilation, cant use static TCC on a bare boned system
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:05:23 +0530

Hello,
Firstly i am newbie at this type of stuff, please excuse if the
question is subpar/makes very little sense.

I could successfully statically compile tcc, with only notable warning
<Warn>
gcc -o libtcc_test tests/libtcc_test.c libtcc.a -I. -O2 -g -Wall
-static -fno-strict-aliasing -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i386
-falign-functions=0 -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-sign-compare
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -lm -ldl
libtcc.a(libtcc.o): In function `tcc_add_file_internal':
/tmp/tcc-0.9.25/libtcc.c:1983: warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically
linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the
glibc version used for linking
</Warn>

Next i copy TCC over to a system having just busybox on it. I have to
chroot into the disk to poke around.

I create a temp file /tmp/test.c, whose contents are
<snip>
int main () {return 0;}
</snip>
Now i run tmp/test.c -o /tmp/test, i get the following output
<snip>
tcc: file '/usr/lib/crt1.o' not found
tcc: file '/usr/lib/crti.o' not found
tcc: file '/usr/local/lib/tcc/libtcc1.a' not found
tcc: file '/usr/lib/crtn.o' not found
</snip>
Searching around for this, lead me no where. Please help.

Regards,
Harish