Re: [Tinycc-devel] Memory corruption bug in libtcc

From: David Mertens
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Memory corruption bug in libtcc
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 06:19:40 -0600

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 6:10 AM, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:
Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Le mardi 24 janvier 2012 01:11:08, Daniel Glöckner a écrit :
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:30:54AM +0100, Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Shouldn't the same fix (Cf attached file) be applied for x86-64?
Yes you are right, x86-64 needs fixing as well.

As I'm not sure about the answer I didn't dare to commit the change.
It needs to be modified a little, as load gets called with registers
not covered in reg_classes.
I hope I understand what you meant well. Does this new patch fix the problem?

I think it can't hurt here to quote this one:

Ha! I've never seen this! Wonderful! This will be my new email signature.

Interpreted version:  Before you even start to write some patch, make
sure you have a test to prove its correctness.

--- grischka