Re: [Tinycc-devel] [Bulk] How to link...?

From: Lostgallifreyan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] [Bulk] How to link...?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:58:45 -0000

Small bit of extra info:
This compiles and links ok using GCC in W98 SE:
C:\PROGRA~1\DEV-CPP\BIN\GCC.EXE -IC:\Progra~1\Dev-Cpp\include -mwindows
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\TEST\MIDI.c E:\Coding\tcc\lib\libwinmm.a
-oC:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\TEST\MIDI.exe

I didn't even need the pragma bit added to the source code to make it work, so
I don't know why TCC isn't working. A quick look at libtcc1.a and GCC's
libwinmm.a using a hex editor show enough similarity of internal formatting,
that I infer there's no incompatibility in the file, but the various errors I
get inlude "invalid object file" or "tcc: file '/lE:\Coding\tcc\lib\libwinmm.a'
not found", or the undefined symbols I mentioned in the first mail, depending
on what switches I try or omit.

Basically, nothing works, and I tried plenty. If I hadn't managed to make it in
GCC, I'd assume user error, but I now suspect something else. if it IS user
error, please be kind to me and spell out all the required detail, because if
it's a chain of AND logic, it only takes ONE error in the chain, and I have no
way to trust the rest.