Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc optional argument as in C++

From: Jared Maddox
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc optional argument as in C++
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:49:56 -0600

> Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:31:04 -0800 (PST)
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc optional argument as in C++
>
> I have asked because there was one request on the mailing list to implement
> it and i need this functionality too, just this.
> In reality i don?t need it, but there are so many examples out of openCV
> that uses just g++ instead of gcc because of the default arguments reason,
> that i?m sure at least every second user of the toolbox i build want having
> this feature in order just to copy the examples of use from the web to
> the scripting textfield and hit the execute button.
> I have no problem to use the preprocessor output and rewriting the
> functions, the time overhead for doing this externally is acceptable.

I think you should look at flex/bison. There are already files online
to let them understand C code, so you'd just need to add a few rules
(actually, I think you'd only need to add 1 rule), some data
structures to keep track of the default arguments, and add the output
code, and you'd be ready to go.