Re: [Tinycc-devel] Strange issue with 64bit section offsets

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Strange issue with 64bit section offsets
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:26:25 +0100

Andrew Mulbrook wrote:
Hi grischka,

Looks like this rabbit hole went a bit further than I expected. After a bit of work, I managed to have (what appears) to be a valid test linked file located in an address space using the top word bits. I pushed "64bit_fixes:mob". However, I'm guessing more work needs done for the 64bit side of life on windows. This patch attempts to be fairly small in the changes it makes.

Still I don't understand the point of most of these changes.  Also the
patch doesn't seem to fix the central issue.   Was it not to make
    -Wl,-Ttext=0xffffff8000000000
work for windows-64, in the first place?

--- grischka