Re: [Tinycc-devel] Buggy left shift on x86_64

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Buggy left shift on x86_64
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:56:50 +0100

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Grishka, what do you think is the best approach?

I think best approach is to do both in sequential time order:

1) Add the required dirtiness in order to make it do the right thing.
Quick, dirty and done.
> 2) Take benefit from exposed cleanup potential regarding #ifdefs dealing
>     with the target 'long' model
I'm quite busy right now so I prefer to let it up to you, sorry.

Oh, thanks.  I'll just stop making suggestions then even when you ask. :P

Maybe after that you can remove the comment "/* warning: the following compare tokens depend on i386 asm code */" in tcc.h

Certainly TinyCC will still work without the warning but not if you
change the 0x92 in '#define TOK_ULT 0x92' (and others below) to
something else which is what the warning is about.

--- grischka