[Tinycc-devel] Perl-TCC: Erroneous mixing of system include paths and no

From: David Mertens
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Perl-TCC: Erroneous mixing of system include paths and normal include paths?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:17:58 -0500

Hey all -

I'm making wonderful progress putting libtcc and Perl together. You can check out the latest development here: https://github.com/run4flat/perl-TCC

At the moment I find that any path that I add to the system include paths gets searched when I later #include "lib.h", so long as the header couldn't be found in the non-system search path. That's fine, that's what I expected. However, I also see that if I include a path in the non-system include paths (i.e. tcc_add_include_path), it gets searched when I say #include <lib.h>, which is not what I expected. This is demonstrated with tests in this file: https://github.com/run4flat/perl-TCC/blob/master/t/111-compile-include.t (specifically starting at line 149)

That, of course, is a Perl script. I will be happy to boil this down to a C program, but I first wanted to be sure that I hadn't lost my mind.

Thanks!
David