Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some fixes for x86_64 and general code to enable comp

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some fixes for x86_64 and general code to enable compiling GCC
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:51:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012, grischka wrote:

I can now build current GCC (well, r186469 plus a modification, see below) with tinycc on x86_64 (all language frontends written in C, i.e. c, c++, objc, objc++ and fortran), and that so built GCC is able to compile all its own target libraries.

If practicable, could you post the recipe that you used to build GCC with TCC? (If it is a script you might just push it into our 'tests' directory. There is already gcctestsuite.sh)

No script.  Just:

<from directory in which `pwd`/gcc is the top-level dir of checked out gcc>:
% mkdir devtcc; cd devtcc
% CC="/matz/git/tinycc/tcc -B/matz/git/tinycc/" ../gcc/configure \
  --disable-bootstrap --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,java,objc
% make -j8

Recent checkouts of GCC will also have the va_arg fix already applied, so it should build well out of box with tcc's mob branch. Note that I checked only the above self-build of gcc (i.e. including building its own runtime libs), I didn't run the testsuite; weekend was running out :)

Ciao,
Michael.