Re: [Tinycc-devel] Github

From: David Mertens
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Github
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:23:31 -0500

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Karl Skomski <address@hidden> wrote:
> Apart from that: does github have kind of like mob branches by default? Because, quite frankly, that's the only reason I contributed anything, however small, back to tinycc.  If it hadn't I still would have had fun for a weekend fixing tcc, just > > > without anybody gaining anything from it, as my patches would have never seen anybody else, and nobody would have seen them.

Github makes it easy to collaborate with public visible pull requests.
http://help.github.com/send-pull-requests/

> Higher google rank,
>> Huh?  So you think google is giving points for github, but not for repo.or.cz (the best), or gitorious or any of the others?  Proof?

Github makes it easy for Google to index the important information.
Good SEO overall :D

> nice readme,
>>  Doesn't write itself, no matter the VCS.  So how does a new VCS magically help?

Github makes the README prominent readable on the "front-page" of the
repository. Much less visible with repo.or.cz

Public visible fork networks: https://github.com/libarchive/libarchive/network

> etc.

You could use Travis.CI (http://travis-ci.org/) as continuous
integration service.