Re: [Tinycc-devel] include more options in configure

From: Pedro A ARANDA
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] include more options in configure
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 05:19:34 +0000

> Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] include more options in configure to be
> able to build tinycc with debian
>
> Le vendredi 25 mai 2012 19:59:59, Pedro A ARANDA a ?crit :
> > I needed to force configure to ignore the following options for a
> > successful build in Debian/Ubuntu
> >
> > --build=*|--sysconfdir=*|--localstatedir=*|--libexecdir=*
> > --disable-maintainer-mode|--disable-dependency-tracking
>
> I don't understand. If I do ./configure --prefix=/usr I get the same parameter
> as if the package was installed from the package. If you want it in /usr/local
> then there's even nothing to do as it's the default. What do you get when
> running ./configure and what would you like to get?
>

> > It would be nice if there was some way this could be included in future
> > versions,
> >
> > /PA
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas Preud'homme

Salut Thomas,

I fear I didn't tell the whole story , sorry :( The problem is not when you call ./configure directly but when you call it from dpkg-buildpackage to actually build the package. In this case, configure is excepted not to report an error on the options of my first mail. I have seen other configure scripts that send out a warning (unknown option) but continue processing the command line. That would be the best solution. I have checked that myself and it works. With the last mob, tcc builds as a .deb package both for i386 and x86_64 flawlessly. I have it running on Ubuntu 12.04LTS on an Atom netbook and on my (desk|lap)top.

I ould also like to report that I have been able to compile and run the last tinycc mob on a 64 bit MAC (Snow Leopard). I'm currently investigating what is happenning on a 32 bit system, where tcc just bails out with a stack alignment trap during the build process...

Cheers,/PA